2.07.2010

Debaser Tattoo

Since I got my first tattoos and possibly shortly beforehand, I'd considered getting this.

Debase: to corrupt, adulterate, simplify, contaminate, pollute, defile, degrade, demean, debauch, bastardize, beasialize, pervert, cheapen, deconstruct, reduce, cripple, devalue, disable; in character, quality, value, or significance..

Debaser is a Pixies song based on a silent surrealist French film by Luis Buñuel and Salvador Dalí called Un chien andalou. The film debases morality and standards of art, and is one of the best-known surrealist films of the avant-garde movement of the 1920s.

Debaser is therefore a concept that is very close to me, its core experience being free-association dream logic, suggesting no plot, meaning, or goal. Nihilistic in nature, absurdist by definition.

The print is over my liver. Just halfway between the bottom of my ribcage and the bottom of my nipple on the right hand side.

Got me a movie,
I want you to know.
Slicing up eyeballs,
I want you to know.
Girlie so groovy,
I want you to know.
Don't know about you,
but I am un chien andalusia
Wanna grow
up to be,
be a debaser.

Here is a cool and related xkcd comic:

No comments:

Post a Comment